Basics of Tracking Inventory in QuickBooks
Keeping track of inventory when running a small business can help lower costs, speed up fulfillment, and prevent fraud. If you are trying to figure out how to keep track of inventory in QuickBooks, then this workshop is right for you. Topics covered in this class include:
- Should you even attempt to track your inventory in QuickBooks?
- Is QuickBooks the right solution for the specific needs of your business?
- The QuickBooks inventory workflows:
- 1. Setting up inventory (and non-inventory) items properly
- 2. Importing inventory from Excel
- 3. Creating purchase orders
- 4. Receiving items and setting up vendor bills
- 5. Using sales orders
- 6. Selling items on invoices
- 7. Fixing problems with inventory
- Questions and Answers
Instructed by: Scott Gregory, QuickBooks Expert
Organized by: The Ohio Small Business Development Center at Lakeland Community College