Work for Yourself@50+ is a workshop to help you gain the knowledge, support, and resources you need to make informed decisions about working for yourself and taking the right first steps toward successful self-employment. The decision to start your own business can be both exciting and daunting. Work for Yourself@50+ breaks the choices down for older adults in an approachable way through five steps:
1. A careful consideration of the potential benefits and risks of working for yourself
2. Exercises to help develop the self-employment idea
3. A realistic overview of what it takes to pursue a self-employment opportunity
4. Guidance to help avoid pitfalls and scams
5. Ways to find trustworthy support and services
Please note that all ages are welcome to join. Please register at: https://aarp.cvent.com/events/lakeland-community-college-work-for-yourself-50-/event-summary-1ba82c1d1329417088c89354adea870d.aspx
Presented by the Ohio SBDC at Lakeland C.C.