Laketran is looking for a seasoned Human Resource Generalist to work closely with Director of Human Resources in managing the day-to-day HR activities for this 230 employee agency. The ideal person for this position has proven expertise in Human Resources, is proactive, confident, and shows initiative.
Benefits include 11 paid holidays, accrued vacation and sick time, $0 deductible medical, plus the usual benefits associated with this professional position.
Salary Mid-to-Upper $50s
To be considered, this position requires a cover letter, resume, and Laketran Employment Application. Visit our Careers page at https://laketran.com/about- laketran/careers/
Essential Functions (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Carries out duties associated with the day-to-day HR activities.
- Actively involved in the employment process, including recruiting, phone screens, creating internal/external job postings, evaluating applicants and candidates, interviewing, onboarding, background screening, new employee processing, orientation, new hire training, drafting correspondence, and data entry into all HR systems.
- Coordinates health, life, disability, and ancillary insurance enrollments and communicates enrollments and cancellations with Finance, service providers, and brokers.
- Data entry including wage and status changes, benefit selections, seniority lists, completed training, disciplinary actions, rewards and recognition, etc.
- Assists with various Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation (BWC) transitional duty administration and MCO/TPA information requests.
- Acts as a confidential source of information for employees in various HR- related topics such as FMLA, medical leaves and other employee concerns, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Manages all aspects of FMLA tracking; absences, usage, FMLA balances; prepares and delivers employee FMLA correspondence.
- Maintains a solid understanding and interpretation of the Union Contract and alignment with the Employee Handbook.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field required plus minimum of five years of HR experience as a Generalist or Manager or equivalent combination of both
- Ability to manage projects independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to display integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality at all times
- Strong knowledge of employment law
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, HRIS software