Apex Dermatology & Skin Surgery Center is a rapidly growing, skincare facility that empowers employees to deliver exceptional patient experiences. We are currently looking for a talented candidate for the role of Medical Receptionist. The Medical Receptionist will work the front desk of our medical office and assist our patients and other visitors. Your primary job duties will include greeting and checking in patients, answering questions, collecting patient co-pays, processing paperwork, and scheduling appointments. You will also help keep our records and work areas clean and organized, as well as ensure our office provides a welcoming environment for our patients. Ideal candidate can work as a team member, well-organized with attention to detail and personable.
This is a full-time, hourly, entry level position. This position is based out of our Mayfield heights location, traveling may be required to other location based on business needs. This position requires legal authorization to work in the US.
- Position Overview
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Essential Functions
- No assigned supervisory responsibilities
- Answers the phone while maintaining a polite, consistent phone manner using proper telephone etiquette.
- Manages daily operations at front desk and call center.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating PHI and financial information accurately.
- Facilitates the revenue cycle process by entering insurance information and collecting payments.
- Verifies insurance using Optum/Availity/EMR IE verification process.
- Completes end of day balance/end of day close process.
- Maintains an efficient schedule/scrubbing the schedule/ works the no show and cancellation list.
- Keeps medical office supplies stocked properly.
- Travel may be required due to need of position.
Who We Are
We are Apex Dermatology & Skin Surgery Center. Our goal is to provide the highest quality dermatology and dermatologic surgery care to patients in Northeast Ohio in a prompt and compassionate manner. A strong commitment to delivering an exceptional patient experience, prompt access to care, including same day appointments, and service and education to the community are our core values.
What We Offer
Apex Dermatology & Skin Surgery Center offers a comprehensive benefits plan that includes Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Short-Term Disability and 401(k)
Apex Dermatology & Skin Surgery Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Apex complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Strong math skills
- Experience scheduling client/patient appointment
- Relevant administrative skills
- Strong Microsoft Office/Suite experience
- BA/BS/AD in relevant field
- 0-1-year experience in dermatological field
- 0-1 years’ experience of medical and insurance billing and coding
- 0-1 year experience of record-keeping