Apex Dermatology & Skin Surgery Center is a rapidly growing, skincare facility that empowers employees to deliver exceptional patient experiences. We are currently looking for a talented candidate for the role of Medical Assistant. The Medical Assistant is responsible for administrative as well as clinical tasks, such as maintaining patient records, preparing patients and rooms for examination, assisting physicians with exams, and performing front-desk tasks. Ideal candidate has good problem-solving and analytical skills, an ability to work as a team member and well-organized with strong attention to detail.
This is a Full-time, hourly, entry level position. We have 10 locations and we are looking to hire for multiple locations, please apply for more details of openings with our company. This position requires legal authorization to work in the US.
- Position Overview
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Essential Functions
- No assigned supervisory Responsibilities
- Escort patients to exam rooms in order of appointment times, document patient’s vitals, history, chief complaint, and relevant updates.
- Set up exam room according to assigned and/or anticipated need.
- Transcribe scheduled visit and ensure documentation of patient care according to assigned criteria.
- Assist physician with biopsies, cosmetics, and surgical procedures.
- Educate patient as required after physician establishes the treatment plan. Ensure each patient understands treatment plan, proper use of medications, and compliance with treatment plan.
- Organize and clean exam rooms after patient visits, assist with autoclave procedures, perform and quality control.
- Demonstrate proper judgment and decision-making skills when necessary and adhere to practice policies. (OSHA/HIPAA)
- Monitor and complete lab documents, biopsy and culture book, telephone encounters and team task box within the EMR.
- Complete clerical functions as directed such as: prior authorizations, following up with biopsy results for patients, schedule follow up appointments, answer the medical assisting phone line.
- Travel may be required due to need of position.
Who We Are
We are Apex Dermatology & Skin Surgery Center. Our goal is to provide the highest quality dermatology and dermatologic surgery care to patients in Northeast Ohio in a prompt and compassionate manner. A strong commitment to delivering an exceptional patient experience, prompt access to care, including same day appointments, and service and education to the community are our core values.
What We Offer
Apex Dermatology & Skin Surgery Center offers a comprehensive benefits plan that includes Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Short-Term Disability and 401(k)
Apex Dermatology & Skin Surgery Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Apex complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Current and valid documentation as a Certified (Registered) Medical Assistant
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Strong communication skills
- Strong Multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Strong customer service skills
- BA/BS in relevant field
- 2 years’ experience of medical assistance
- 1-year experience in Dermatology field