Auto Glass Repair Technician
** $1,000 Signing Bonus for new Auto Glass Technicians! **
Who We Are
Defender Auto Glass was founded in 2014 and has since grown to be a leading auto glass provider in the Greater Cleveland and Akron areas. With three in-shop repair locations and several mobile repair vehicles, the company is locally owner and headquartered in Mentor, Ohio. At Defender Auto Glass, we take pride in performing quality auto glass repairs and replacements. Our superior customer service and attention to detail is what sets Defender apart from all other auto glass repair shops in Northeast Ohio.
What We Value
Philanthropy: We passionately believe that it is our communities and the people that make up our communities that shape our business and make us a successful company. Our desire is to embrace philanthropy and maintain a culture of giving to better our community just like it betters us.
Family: Families care about one another. They show admiration and respect whilst also supporting in times of need. They relate to each other and use this to solve problems and achieve common goals. At Defender, we work to maintain a welcoming atmosphere where employees have opportunities to build camaraderie and elevate teamwork.
About the Position
The Auto Glass Repair Technician is responsible for carrying out auto glass repairs and replacements. This position comes with most tools, uniforms, and a company vehicle.
This is a full-time opportunity with our growing organization. We offer competitive compensation, as well as full health, dental, and 401K plans. Pay will be commensurate with the chosen candidate’s experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Installs or repairs auto glass in shop at a Defender Auto Glass location or on a mobile basis.
- Maintain a safe and satisfactory driving record according to company policy.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in the Automotive Auto Glass industry
- Ability to lift or carry large and heavy objects (up to 50 pounds)
- Prior technical schooling or training related to the automotive field is preferred, but not required
- Good communication skills to interact with customers, employees, and vendors
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and ability to pass a background check
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.