Who We Are
7590 Management, through its affiliate companies, is a leader in Northeast Ohio for automotive repair. D&S Automotive was founded in 1977 and offers collision repair and automotive accessory solutions, while Defender Auto Glass performs Mobile auto glass service for the Greater Cleveland area. Headquartered in Northeast Ohio, 7590 Management’s unrivaled customer experience and attention to detail has earned D&S Automotive and Defender Auto Glass a reputation in the community for its award-winning service, quality customer care and community involvement.
What We Value
Philanthropy: We passionately believe that it is our communities and the people that make up our communities that shape our business and make us a successful company. Our desire is to embrace philanthropy and maintain a culture of giving to better our community just like it betters us.
Family: Families care about one another. They show admiration and respect whilst also supporting in times of need. They relate to each other and use this to solve problems and achieve common goals. At D&S Automotive, we work to maintain a welcoming atmosphere where employees have opportunities to build camaraderie and elevate teamwork.
About the Position
The Accounting Manager manages the overall office support staff of the company including the office(s), administration team, administrative related technology, human resources, contracts, accounting, and finance in conjunction with the Principals. The Accounting Manager will also contribute towards strategic business planning. This position works to improve processes and policies, manage corporate and financial records and books and lead long term organizational planning.
This is a full-time opportunity, Monday through Friday. We offer competitive compensation, as well as medical, vision, dental, PTO, Paid Holidays, and 401K plan. The Accounting Manager will report to the Principals and pay will commensurate with the chosen candidate’s experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages the office support staff, including day-to-day functions, human resources, and IT
- Oversees and manages the financial condition of the company, including bookkeeping and accounting, and serves as a liaison to the company’s outside accounting firm and bank in the preparation of tax returns and audits. Manages budget development, implementation and forecasting
- Provides status reports of financial condition by collecting, interpreting and reporting financial data
- Strategic planning in conjunction with, and at the direction of the Principals
- Meets frequently with all location managers for budget reviews
- Involves with the human resources function, including attendance at and assistance with calling and planning of management meetings, agenda development and assuring accurate notes are taken and recorded
- Oversees and manages the IT function of the company, including telephones, computers, internet connectivity, etc. between offices and off-site employees, including contracts with outside vendors
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reading professional publications, establishing networks and participating in professional societies
- Assists anyone on the Admin Team as needed
- Must possess a strong business and accounting background with experience managing IT functions
- Minimum of 7-10 years of overall professional experience
- Understands and can communicate financial information and concepts to company leadership
- Willing to submit and ability to pass a pre-employment background check
- MBA or CPA with relevant experience preferred
- Strong analytic, organizational skills and problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external parties
- Ability to multi-task and wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and dedication to the company’s success
- Self-starter with the ability to motivate and manage other people
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
D&S Automotive and affiliates are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.